Sunday, September 28, 2008

Clothes, clothes and more clothes

Now, for anyone who knows me you know I hate clothes shopping. So heading to a town which is known for being home to over 500 tailors I wasn't expecting to go crazy with excitement. However, with so many tailors you have to try it out and Mum and Dad's upcoming party for which we are heading all the way home seemed the perfect excuse. Not managing to find a style I liked in any of the hundreds of catalogues that were presented I ended up describing what I wanted and picking out a couple of fabrics. The next day I had a brand new one of a kind dress that fits perfectly for less than $30. Jason on the other hand had a nice dress shirt in his own choice of fabric, despite repeatedly being redirected to the shirt fabrics (all business shirt type fabrics) he stuck to his guns choosing from the dress fabrics. After a week here not only have we succumbed to buying 2 pairs of jeans, a dress, a skirt, and a shirt.... but we are also compiling the long list of clothes we will get made before coming home at the end of this trip. That's right, we will be back and we will be shopping!! We're up to 31 items so far, but that could get longer as we've still got at least a year before we'll be back.

No comments: