Thursday, September 4, 2008

Cooking up a storm

One of the biggest surprises for us in Cambodia was the food, just delicious! To be honest, before I arrived I had no idea what Cambodian food was being more familiar with neighbouring Thailand and Vietnam. For 10 days I virtually lived on Khmer curry, so good! In fact it was so good that we decided to do a cooking class. Unfortunately the herbs used were generally unknown and unrecognisable... so I don't know how we'll go replicating it back home, but we'll try!

Our cooking class started with a trip to the market to buy some last minute ingrediants before we whipped up a Khmer curry, fresh spring rolls, mango salad, and Amok. I would like to say that we were the stars of the class, but we got admonished for not chopping fine enough, making our carrots pretty enough and not rolling our spring rolls tight enough. The food still tasted good though!

No comments: